11.27.2011

Maple Peanut Butter & Bacon Sandwich

Are you burnt out after hours and hours of cooking Thanksgiving dinner? Does the thought of eating yet another plate of turkey and stuffing leftovers make you feel ill? Then this recipe is for you! While I was home for the holidays, I came across a cookbook that I used to read as a kid. One recipe in particular for a peanut butter and bacon sandwich always intrigued me. It boggled my 7-year-old brain, which was accustomed to a sugary jelly accompanying peanut butter. Since I enjoyed this strange sandwich so much as a kid, I decided to whip it up again, this time adding my beloved maple syrup. With the perfect salty-sweet ratio, this maple peanut butter and bacon sandwich is a simple meal that surely will not leave you with any leftovers.

Maple Peanut Butter & Bacon Sandwich
(Sounds gross, I know, but just trust me on this one. For real.)

Ingredients

2 slices bread
2 slices bacon
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Drizzle pure maple syrup

Method

Cook bacon according to the package’s directions. Toast the bread and then slather with peanut butter. Add the bacon, drizzle with maple syrup, and enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just read this blog title out loud to which my husband replied, "that sounds f*n money!" hahaha!

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Haha! That is hilarious! Sounds like your husband and mine would get along perfectly!

Jen said...

So Chrissy was in the kitchen and I smelled bacon. Bacon and eggs, I thought. But no, she was constructing a peanut butter and bacon sandwich, which I thought was the strangest concoction ever. .and on the morning after Thanksgiving, no less! Reluctantly consenting to try it, I discovered that it was quite delicious...just the right ratio of sweet, to salty and crunchy...not to mention gooey.

Chrissy @ My Fare Foodie said...

Ha ha. Thanks, Mom!