2.27.2011

Pics from Italy





Our trip to Italy was absolutely fantastic! It's always funny to me when I travel to Europe because when I am there, it feels as if I am just floating through each day in a dream-like sequence. It is not until I come back home and look at my pictures or re-read my travel books that I realize how freaking great the trip was! My husband and I made it our duty to eat our way across the country. Between Rome, Naples, Sorrento, and Capri, we stuffed ourselves senseless with everything from Castelvetrano olives, to octopus, to fried artichokes, to gelato, to the world famous pizzas and pastas. Some of the highlights from our eating adventure include fresh produce from Campo de Fiori, gnocchi served in its cooking pan from Taverna Trilussa, classic Neopolitan pizza from Pizzeria da Michele, speck wrapped Branzino from 'Gusto, seafood stew on the waterfront in Naples, the best pizza ever in Rome from 'Gusto (again), and refreshing Limoncello from the heart of Sorrento. Here are some of my favorite food related pics. Enjoy!













2 comments:

JEN said...

YOUR ITALY PICS ARE FANTASTIC!! BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF MY VISIT LAST YEAR TO TUSCANY AND THE LAKE REGION; ALTHOUGH I'M SURE YOU'D AGREE THAT THE FOOD IS MUCH BETTER FURTHER SOUTH.

Anonymous said...

Cool pic in front of Trevi Fountain.